YOUR BASE MAY BE IN DANGER: Announcing Dynamic Map
On October 1st we will be adding Dynamic Map to the server in order to spice up freeworld/factions.

For those of you who don't know what Dynamic Map is you may read about it here.
In short Dynamic Map is a sort of "Google Maps" for Minecraft.

In this case you'll be able to go to a webpage and see what the server looks like from above for easy scouting & exploring.
Now the PvP implications of this are pretty huge as it will display player & faction locations on the map in realtime.
We're still deciding some things so nothing in this announcement is final such as us still considering whether to show armor levels on players or not.

[size=2.65em]PLAYERS WILL BE ABLE TO FIND YOUR BASE IN FREEWORLD, THE NETHER, AND THE END.[/size]
[size=1em]
We've been considering adding this for quite a while and I've personally been against it for a few reasons:[/size]
  • It takes out of the "safety" and reward of reaching free rank.
  • It could possibly cause upset with players who put actual money into their bases.
  • MCP is a prison server and not factions/raiding centered.
Now my mind has somewhat changed for several reasons:
  • With the addition of "rare" crate items pvp is more exciting and should not be limited to the prison.
  • MCP does not have many rivalries as it should and sparking those in freeworld would ideally transmit them to the prison.
  • Factions on MCP have been rather boring since the start. Players build a base, a few grinders, and the bases have little other use.
  • We contemplated putting on a world border but don't want to limit player exploration. Now players can be found it's much more exciting than just cramming you all together. If someone wants to travel 100k blocks to be safe now there's the chance someone will travel 100k blocks to kill them.
  • With testing of faction economy there's now more of a chance players will stretch their power and be more open for raiding in order to get the money benefits of the land.
So obviously this is a big change to how the server plays out and we think it will be for the best.
Feedback on the idea is always welcome.

signature

???
Watch your back anyone who has ever messed with me, you are going down .

signature

Kill me
craftin you FOOl

the bigger the base the better the find

signature

where did Warden astral go
(Sep 21st, 2015, 04:05 PM)LaughNgamez link Wrote:
  • MCP does not have many rivalries as it should and sparking those in freeworld would ideally transmit them to the prison.

COMMUNISM WILL RISE AGAIN.

signature

It's not a beginning at all. Tonight is an ending.
WALMART WILL BECOME ONE

signature

[Image: qjdmazp.gif]
  Me when i see MrMind's dad.