pigmine123's Unban Appeal
Still waiting on that video.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

signature

It's not a beginning at all. Tonight is an ending.
(Nov 21st, 2016, 11:06 AM)mb733 link Wrote: [quote author=cougarboy link=topic=4383.msg25236#msg25236 date=1479734753]
[quote author=mb733 link=topic=4383.msg25235#msg25235 date=1479718863]

We did not find this to be an exploit because nowhere in the rules does it say, "don't exploit the live map," but we can understand if we are asked not to abuse this.

TLBig GrinR
If exploiting the live map like this is bannable, then we're taking Serrian_ down with us.

Go to the info room.. It says not to exploit bugs and reported them.
[/quote]

Cougar, if you had actually read what you quoted me on, you would have noticed I said, "We did not find this to be an exploit."  We have no reason to report a bug we don't find to be a bug; it's rather pointless.

But I suppose you'll want the reasons we did not dub this an exploit.
1.  A staff member claimed to use this technique, and staff do not abuse bugs/exploits.

2.  When the livemap was implemented, nowhere did it say, "Oh and by the way, don't use this to find spawners and stuff, that's really not what we have it for."
[/quote]

The live map is barely used anyways, honestly this should just be a tactic. I've had a change of thought lol. +1 on unban

signature

F
LSI: http://forums.cdgs.net/index.php/topic,3689.0.html
[Image: eL04gJk.png]
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(Nov 21st, 2016, 09:33 AM)serrian_ link Wrote:
Quote: then we're taking Serrian_ down with us

Is this not my ban appeal? Genuinely confused if this is an appeal for serrian_ or someone else. The simple fact that you base you argument and eligibility for being unbanned  on me is quite hysterical and shows a lack of maturity and responsibility. Nor was I ever involved in your ban. So by all means continue referencing me, but I highly suggest Voicing a validated reason about yourself and not others. If not I can't see why you deserve to be unbanned currently.

Again, if you had been willing to have this discussion with me on the server as requested, you would understand.  Here's why I keep referencing you, since you seem to be unable to figure it out yourself.

1. "Is this not my ban appeal?"  No, it isn't.  Read the title.
2.  "Genuinely confused if this is an appeal for serrian_ or someone else."  Refer to #1.
3.  "The simple fact that you base you argument and eligibility for being unbanned  on me is quite hysterical and shows a lack of maturity and responsibility." 
They were banned off the fact that mining in a straight line and going straight for spawners is a clear sign of x-ray.  We explained we were doing your technique exactly.  If they got banned for doing exactly what a staff member admitted to doing, then why wouldn't you get banned, too?  Additionally, if a staff member does not get banned --or punished-- for "abusing" a bug, then why would some players who were following his example be banned?

Also, it's not immature to include all the evidence in a scenario; it's actually called being fair.

Also, since I'm incredibly salty at you, let me explain why your situation is more incriminating than ours.
  • You said you "accidentally sold it (the miner coal) in the shop before he (pigmine123) killed me if that helps."  We tried for an hour last night to find one special item (with the orange lore) that would sell in the shop.  We were unsuccessful -- seems those items can't be sold in the shop?  Since you're going to ask, it was guard iron.

• Maelonic says she's used Miner coal before, and it does not take you in straight lines.  Your mining patterns are completely straight lines. 

• Additionally, your comments about my screenshot pertaining to your mining patterns are:
    a) "that's not one of the two places pigmine killed me," -- I said, "There were three of us watching when you got killed here," to which you had no reply.  You said "Nice try brian" despite him never stopping sneak, so a warden or Silas must have informed you that Pigmine was stalking you.  That means there must be at least 4 people who can verify that location was on of your death spots.

b) "Nothing suspicious there."  Your tunnels are completely illogical.  You can be seen mining out of a tunnel, moving up 3 blocks, and making an immediate turn back into a ravine.  I have never seen a legitimate technique of mining to find caves that goes, "Right, you wanna now mine out of the cave system you're in; you wanna head about 30 blocks out.  Next, move exactly three blocks up, and you should intercept the same exact cave system you were in initially about 30 blocks to your left, only now your pickaxe has less durability..."

4. "Nor was I ever involved in your ban."  You are involved for two reasons.  You are directly involved for replying to the ban appeal, and indirectly involved because we are using your method.  In a trial, if you present evidence, have evidence, withhold evidence, are a witness, or are involved in the jury you are considered involved in the trial.  It would be great if you stopped playing dumb, really.

5. "So by all means continue referencing me, but I highly suggest Voicing a validated reason about yourself and not others."  By all means, read any of my replies: I think I have.

6. "If not I can't see why you deserve to be unbanned currently."  That's ok, you don't have a say in this.  It's up to Mitsuo or an admin.

You seem to have entirely missed the point of me bringing you into this.  My goal is not to bring you down-- although that's all you seem to be focused on, my goal is for my friends to have the same outcome as you.

Good, you can respond to Serrian but not the person who is in control of this ban. Appeal denied until further evidence can be shown to prove he was in fact not hacking, or a higher staff member decides otherwise.

signature

(Nov 21st, 2016, 01:08 PM)mb733 link Wrote: [quote author=serrian_ link=topic=4383.msg25241#msg25241 date=1479746036]
Quote: then we're taking Serrian_ down with us

Is this not my ban appeal? Genuinely confused if this is an appeal for serrian_ or someone else. The simple fact that you base you argument and eligibility for being unbanned  on me is quite hysterical and shows a lack of maturity and responsibility. Nor was I ever involved in your ban. So by all means continue referencing me, but I highly suggest Voicing a validated reason about yourself and not others. If not I can't see why you deserve to be unbanned currently.

Again, if you had been willing to have this discussion with me on the server as requested, you would understand.  Here's why I keep referencing you, since you seem to be unable to figure it out yourself.

1. "Is this not my ban appeal?"  No, it isn't.  Read the title.
2.  "Genuinely confused if this is an appeal for serrian_ or someone else."  Refer to #1.
3.  "The simple fact that you base you argument and eligibility for being unbanned  on me is quite hysterical and shows a lack of maturity and responsibility." 
They were banned off the fact that mining in a straight line and going straight for spawners is a clear sign of x-ray.  We explained we were doing your technique exactly.  If they got banned for doing exactly what a staff member admitted to doing, then why wouldn't you get banned, too?  Additionally, if a staff member does not get banned --or punished-- for "abusing" a bug, then why would some players who were following his example be banned?

Also, it's not immature to include all the evidence in a scenario; it's actually called being fair.

Also, since I'm incredibly salty at you, let me explain why your situation is more incriminating than ours.
  • You said you "accidentally sold it (the miner coal) in the shop before he (pigmine123) killed me if that helps."  We tried for an hour last night to find one special item (with the orange lore) that would sell in the shop.  We were unsuccessful -- seems those items can't be sold in the shop?  Since you're going to ask, it was guard iron.

• Maelonic says she's used Miner coal before, and it does not take you in straight lines.  Your mining patterns are completely straight lines. 

• Additionally, your comments about my screenshot pertaining to your mining patterns are:
    a) "that's not one of the two places pigmine killed me," -- I said, "There were three of us watching when you got killed here," to which you had no reply.  You said "Nice try brian" despite him never stopping sneak, so a warden or Silas must have informed you that Pigmine was stalking you.  That means there must be at least 4 people who can verify that location was on of your death spots.

b) "Nothing suspicious there."  Your tunnels are completely illogical.  You can be seen mining out of a tunnel, moving up 3 blocks, and making an immediate turn back into a ravine.  I have never seen a legitimate technique of mining to find caves that goes, "Right, you wanna now mine out of the cave system you're in; you wanna head about 30 blocks out.  Next, move exactly three blocks up, and you should intercept the same exact cave system you were in initially about 30 blocks to your left, only now your pickaxe has less durability..."

4. "Nor was I ever involved in your ban."  You are involved for two reasons.  You are directly involved for replying to the ban appeal, and indirectly involved because we are using your method.  In a trial, if you present evidence, have evidence, withhold evidence, are a witness, or are involved in the jury you are considered involved in the trial.  It would be great if you stopped playing dumb, really.

5. "So by all means continue referencing me, but I highly suggest Voicing a validated reason about yourself and not others."  By all means, read any of my replies: I think I have.

6. "If not I can't see why you deserve to be unbanned currently."  That's ok, you don't have a say in this.  It's up to Mitsuo or an admin.

You seem to have entirely missed the point of me bringing you into this.  My goal is not to bring you down-- although that's all you seem to be focused on, my goal is for my friends to have the same outcome as you.
[/quote]
I understand you have your points, but this isnt a trial, your taking it a tad to seriously. Although I agree that if pigmine and wifi got banned for this, they should prove how serrian_ is involved with evidence, not just constantly saying shit. If serrian_ is involved, and infact did use this tatic, he should be punished. Although as a non-bias opinion i would say -1, biasa I would say +1 because hes a great player, but for this situtation 1-

signature

//[Image: KSuhqwo.png]
Miner's coal and some crates do sell at the all sell sign as they are counted at coal and iron. might be a bug that they sell there. as miner coal and coal only have one difference in there item code

signature

[Image: 9aabf691e1dff868f2587373a1555d92.png]
Here's the video.  For some reason Agro's mic wasn't recording, so it sounds like I'm talking to myself at some points.

We muted bailey at some points.  He wrecked the audio

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UZvi4-g1DE[/youtube]

Also, we can make another video from my perspective if this isn't valid.
After discussing this with Miner after the video we decided, his suggestion :^ ), to unban.  The other ban will be handled by a warden/Mae when she is available.

signature

(Nov 21st, 2016, 01:41 PM)mitsuo_wolfblood link Wrote: Good, you can respond to Serrian but not the person who is in control of this ban. Appeal denied until further evidence can be shown to prove he was in fact not hacking, or a higher staff member decides otherwise.
I'm a higher staff member Big Grin <3

signature

[Image: 4d717fc0b4cfe6b111211563167db00f.png]