Author Topic: Jerehh Abuse Report  (Read 417 times)

Offline pointlessbob

• View Profile
Re: Jerehh Abuse Report
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2020, 01:00:25 PM »
@Ryan thanks for that detail, and for the record in relation to the post:
I stopped when he started calling and I dropped the bow.
You're right, and this would be a different story if I continued to run.

But I shouldn't be getting jailed when I stopped and discarded my contraband when he started counting
you want me to pick the bow back up and put the contraband back into my inventory?

Offline ItsKelinu

• Make like a tree, and fuck off
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 01:31:24 PM »
I only have to come to you if I'm in a non-accessible zone like B-block. Which I wasn't.
this is only semi true, the guard should be within a couple blocks of you when he first starts calling but does not have to chase you down and should not have to run more than a block to pick up your contra

The Reformed One

Offline ItsKelinu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 01:39:34 PM »
disregard my last post i did not realize Ryan wrote basically the exact same thing

The Reformed One

Offline pointlessbob

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2020, 01:47:26 PM »
I only have to come to you if I'm in a non-accessible zone like B-block. Which I wasn't.
this is only semi true, the guard should be within a couple blocks of you when he first starts calling but does not have to chase you down and should not have to run more than a block to pick up your contra

"3:  If you get knocked into an area where you can no longer fight, i.e. an empty plot that has a basement and you cannot get out, you are to give the rioters a pvp warning and call for their contraband, it is up to the player to throw the contraband into the area where the guard can reach it"

-- does not apply here as both of us were not trapped and the bow was in an accessible area for jerehh

6:  If a player is holding contraband in an area where you cannot reach you should give adequate time for the player to either warp or come out of said area to give you the contraband, if a player runs into an area in the middle of a riot and a guard cannot reach that area (Player runs into b-block but you’re only a C-guard) you may give them a pvp warning and start calling for their contraband as normal, the player should drop their contraband in reach of the guard, if not you may still jail them

-- also does not apply since I was in a guard accessible area

As it stands the only rules about contraband that somewhat relate to this say to drop the contraband in an accessible area for the guard. I dropped the bow when he started counting. Nothing wrong with what happened on my end.

Let's play it out:
I drop my bow, Jerehh comes over to retrieve the bow. Worst that happens: a riot breaks out, he dies, and I reclaim my bow through risk&reward.
Second worst thing is that someone picks it up, and extended rule #12 comes into play until the interceptor or both of us get jailed. If I pick it up, the countdown resumes and I get jailed.

Isn't this supposed to be Guarding 101? basic stuff? I stopped running when he counted down, and dropped the bow in an accessible area within his countdown.

Offline Squigga_

• Y O T E
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2020, 02:00:31 PM »
I shot the arrow at yummy's plot and you started counting down when I got to the middle of cy.

I dropped the bow within at the 2-3 second mark of your countdown and it was in a zone accessible to C-Guards.

Guards do not have to chase down people while calling. As long as the guard is relatively close to the prisoner when originally calling, the prisoner has an obligation to ensure the guard gets the contraband. If he was not within close distance he should have called for your bow and then started the countdown once he got closer to you. However if he started close and the prisoner walked/ran away, then yes that isn't the guard's problem to chase the item down.

Note that I'm not necessarily commenting on this actual report however the part of your quote that I am addressing is bolded and frankly only partially correct.

bob got called then he dropped right away. Jerehh stood still and counted down.

Offline ItsKelinu

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2020, 02:07:09 PM »

"3:  If you get knocked into an area where you can no longer fight, i.e. an empty plot that has a basement and you cannot get out, you are to give the rioters a pvp warning and call for their contraband, it is up to the player to throw the contraband into the area where the guard can reach it"

-- does not apply here as both of us were not trapped and the bow was in an accessible area for jerehh

6:  If a player is holding contraband in an area where you cannot reach you should give adequate time for the player to either warp or come out of said area to give you the contraband, if a player runs into an area in the middle of a riot and a guard cannot reach that area (Player runs into b-block but you’re only a C-guard) you may give them a pvp warning and start calling for their contraband as normal, the player should drop their contraband in reach of the guard, if not you may still jail them

-- also does not apply since I was in a guard accessible area

As it stands the only rules about contraband that somewhat relate to this say to drop the contraband in an accessible area for the guard. I dropped the bow when he started counting. Nothing wrong with what happened on my end.

Let's play it out:
I drop my bow, Jerehh comes over to retrieve the bow. Worst that happens: a riot breaks out, he dies, and I reclaim my bow through risk&reward.
Second worst thing is that someone picks it up, and extended rule #12 comes into play until the interceptor or both of us get jailed. If I pick it up, the countdown resumes and I get jailed.

Isn't this supposed to be Guarding 101? basic stuff? I stopped running when he counted down, and dropped the bow in an accessible area within his countdown.
You are using specific examples for specific scenarios, guards do not have to chase you down for contra after calling it, if you made an effort to get back towards jerehh maybe it would be different

The Reformed One

Offline pointlessbob

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2020, 02:30:52 PM »

You are using specific examples for specific scenarios, guards do not have to chase you down for contra after calling it, if you made an effort to get back towards jerehh maybe it would be different
[/quote]

It was never like this?
Why would it be like how you're saying it?

A prisoner stops moving and drops his contraband when he gets called for it.
>Still gets jailed
I've never seen this. If you see a prisoner drop his contraband you pick it up.

1. I was in Jerehh's line of sight
2. I stopped moving when he started counting
3. I dropped the bow at around 2-3 seconds in an accessible area

There is absolutely no rule that justifies this

Offline Ryan10000

• "If you kill a gansta, you is a gangsta"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2020, 02:40:22 PM »
If he started calling for your contraband and you continued moving further away from him and did not end up throwing the item directly at him, then yes the jail was valid.

Offline ItsKelinu

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2020, 02:48:26 PM »

>Still gets jailed

I dont know all the facts of exactly what happened, but if he called you when you were already that far from him then its his responsibility to to get close to you, but if he called it when you were within a close proximity and you proceeded to run away then that is your responsibility to get the item to him. Im not necessarily saying you are right or jereh is right, Im just letting you know what a guard should do in both scenarios

The Reformed One

Offline Squigga_

• Y O T E
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2020, 03:03:36 PM »

>Still gets jailed

I dont know all the facts of exactly what happened, but if he called you when you were already that far from him then its his responsibility to to get close to you, but if he called it when you were within a close proximity and you proceeded to run away then that is your responsibility to get the item to him. Im not necessarily saying you are right or jereh is right, Im just letting you know what a guard should do in both scenarios
Jerehh was roughly 50 Blocks away when calling for Bobs bow, bob proceeded to drop the bow while jerehh stood still and counted down. Multiple of us told you in chat that bob dropped his bow but you did nothing to come closer or even attempt to acquire the contraband. This seems like a simple abuse of power to reduce the number of rioters.

Offline DogTag93

• I'm a builder, I build things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2020, 04:36:37 PM »

Offline Maelonic

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2020, 04:44:23 PM »

Failed to embed picture

^
|