Author Topic: urbeautyful ban appeal  (Read 320 times)

Offline Yummy_Mellonzz

• View Profile
Re: urbeautyful ban appeal
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2020, 07:04:07 PM »
I would like to start my reply firstly by saying I do not take banning players lightly. I have very few cheating-related bans and prefer to let the admins handle them.

I have had suspicion frequently in the past about you using a client/unapproved mods, and this is documented. Last night I experienced a situation involving you that would not happen unless at the very least an unapproved mod was being used. I have no doubts that you were using unapproved mods and I stand behind my ban.

That being said, since it is your first ban I will be lowering it to 1 week retroactive to the hour you were banned. As always, if an Admin does not agree with me then they may override my ban if they wish.

I understand there may be other people who play MCP sharing your IP. If it were my decision I would allow them back and not bar them from the server, as this ban is unrelated to them. However that is not my decision to make so I would wait for an Admin's response or you could try contacting them if there is no reply here.

I look forward to seeing you back when your ban expires!

I need to this this other "documented" evidence, since you brought it up. This is silly Ryan just admit you made a mistake like a man and lets move on. you banned him cause server lag didnt let him put his helmet on.. @silas @dogtag can you come get your mans

Offline Lordkillgore

• oof -Lordkillgoree
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2020, 10:53:14 PM »
+1 the time iv played with you i haven't seen you show any signs of clients or hacking at all. You dont seem like the type of person to hack so i dont see why your ban should be shortened it should just be removed since its clear even guards dont think you hacked.
;~;

Offline pointlessbob

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2020, 09:35:37 PM »

I have had suspicion frequently in the past about you using a client/unapproved mods, and this is documented.

can you share? for your sake? better be some damning documents, since that's the only way I can see you holding a shred of dignity after what looks to be an incredibly irresponsible ban that rivals the behaviour of an old warden I used to know
where did Warden astral go

Offline Squigga_

• Y O T E
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2020, 10:09:47 PM »

I have had suspicion frequently in the past about you using a client/unapproved mods, and this is documented.

can you share? for your sake? better be some damning documents, since that's the only way I can see you holding a shred of dignity after what looks to be an incredibly irresponsible ban that rivals the behaviour of an old warden I used to know
mass outcry from multiple members from the community for evidence of your unreasonable doubt. Yet nothing? this is just gonna turn players away from a community if we cant look up to moderators and guards as the people to lay the law of the land why would anyone care about playing on the server.

Offline DogTag93

• I'm a builder, I build things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2020, 06:43:59 AM »
I would just like to point out that providing proof is not a requirement for a ban, but it is highly recommended. I've had quiet a few bans involving someone using a client and hitting a wrong keystroke resulting in them doing something obviously illegal. Furthermore screen shares are not proof of someone's innocence as there are multiple ways someone could hide modifications.

Context
Spoiler for Hidden:
Mmm, I won’t lie, so I’ll stand by what I’ve said. But might I ask, why wait until I was asleep? And how have you never heard of a screen share? I would have loved to show you everything. Scum move to wait until I leave to do anything, finally figured to record my screen in fullscreen too, but you wait until I left and don’t have the background recording anymore to show my side. Although nothing I can say will change DogTag’s mind, for the good of the server, please implement a screen share system, train the mods, and admins in proper screen sharing. If a player does not submit to a screen share, they get the ban, if under ss and nothing is found, they are fine. Or any method you so choose, but without one, many players wishing to join, especially those under the wishes of PVP, will find a rude awakening.

Screen sharing is so easy to fake and complicated. The video is proof enough.
In this instant I did provide proof as I like to avoid these arguments on the forums.

I will not being looking over your entire computer to scan for these modifications as I was already asked to do so for urbeautyful. If you'd like to start a conversation about our ban policy, you are more than free to do so but this ban is sticking. As it was shortened to a week ban you should be free to play tomorrow around 6:30pm pst.

Offline evevet101

• Denny's official CDGS account
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2020, 08:28:19 AM »

mass outcry from multiple members from the community for evidence of your unreasonable doubt. Yet nothing? this is just gonna turn players away from a community if we cant look up to moderators and guards as the people to lay the law of the land why would anyone care about playing on the server.
How people feel isn't a great way to decide bans

Offline Squigga_

• Y O T E
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2020, 02:23:40 PM »

How people feel isn't a great way to decide bans
im not saying peoples feelings are proof of innocence. but when someone comes in showing all their clients flipping the camera multiple times to prove its the player they say it is. kinda just bs. shit like that makes people hate the guards