Author Topic: My current thoughts on running a server/some info  (Read 4734 times)

Offline GeoDope

• View Profile
Re: My current thoughts on running a server/some info
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2016, 08:50:17 AM »
A2 Already asked about this in Team Speak...
A2: "Promote someone to Warden"
Silas"Warden's are shit"

They are, the only one that is good is Geo :^)
except he is inactive

Trying to find the negative in other staff to give yourself an advantage doesn't help. You should be accepting of everyone, and try to help other players. Don't be jumpy to make a bad conclusion of any player. Whenever they're actually at fault, that's fine adding an opinion like that. Despite your computer having issues, to my recall you're the inactive one. You log in for only 30 minute or less increments. But forgive and forget is what I go by, just as long as they learn.

Master for warden,
Geo for admin,
Let's get some more Admins that are trusted, so the development of MCP is still progressing

Only Silas, Zeedin and maybe a handful of other developers actually add things to the server. Me personally, I don't do anything but help players with minor issues; plots, some bugs, holes on the map etc.. I tried learning some things, and I know there are some players who actually know more than me and are able to work on things like magicspells. But it's not required of me (yet if ever) lol
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:57:56 AM by GeoDope »

Offline TySun

• We give objects their value, yet they control us
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 09:12:26 AM »
Now I feel I should inform you that there is an almost guaranteed decrease in admin activity coming up due to the reason that I'll be starting school

Maybe choose some new admins? I don't know how difficult of a process that is for you but if activity is going down at least get some more people to try and keep it up, whether MCP goes down this version or in V6 i'm sure everyone would like to play long as possible, even though you said this will not be happening for a long time you should still make it as great as ever before it shuts down so that's what everyone remembers it for.

My drive to work on the server and general interest in doing so is not very high at the moment

Once again you should find someone to help you run the server, that way it's not you and Zeedin doing all the work, split it up with another person so it's not as much, with not much work i'm sure it will be more motivating.

However it is probably a safe bet to make that MCP will never get past a V6 and maybe never get there

The community wants it to get there, the staff want it to get there, for the third time, if it's too much work get some help, but everyone loves MCP, people who play on MCP have to like it otherwise they wouldn't be playing. Everyone is affected(mostly everyone) positively by something YOU created, even with all the work I don't see why there is a possible shutdown chance, I understand running a server can be a huge pain in the ass, but wouldn't you rather have that pain in the ass and keep the community and everyone who admires what you made, or just get rid of the pain in the ass and lose the server that you worked countless hours building up to be good as possible? I don't think you should shutdown any time soon. I think you should continue running the server with your staff team until you absolutely can't run it anymore for whatever reason.

These are just my thoughts on the situation, not meant to be rude or pushy

People I Love the Most

Masterovie
xXLink2000Xx
Girlsrock
Pet Down Syndrome Frog (Cougarboy50)
HeroDeacon
My Cousin (DaddyRacrifice)
BrianADJ
Zs471
Lawlzer (R.I.P. Lost at sea 2014)
ButterBruh (Only old players will remember)
BluudBath
Baileysara
JellyWagon
Lizzy3000
Msr001
Natefoster
Pathless
lord_bills54
Pkersten
Strawberry_Cream
Pointlessbob
DeathTrap1255

If you are not on this list, it's because 1. I don't know you well enough, or 2. I think you're a complete asshole

Offline A2thejaygaming

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2016, 09:43:48 AM »
Now I feel I should inform you that there is an almost guaranteed decrease in admin activity coming up due to the reason that I'll be starting school

Maybe choose some new admins? I don't know how difficult of a process that is for you but if activity is going down at least get some more people to try and keep it up, whether MCP goes down this version or in V6 i'm sure everyone would like to play long as possible, even though you said this will not be happening for a long time you should still make it as great as ever before it shuts down so that's what everyone remembers it for.

My drive to work on the server and general interest in doing so is not very high at the moment

Once again you should find someone to help you run the server, that way it's not you and Zeedin doing all the work, split it up with another person so it's not as much, with not much work i'm sure it will be more motivating.

However it is probably a safe bet to make that MCP will never get past a V6 and maybe never get there

The community wants it to get there, the staff want it to get there, for the third time, if it's too much work get some help, but everyone loves MCP, people who play on MCP have to like it otherwise they wouldn't be playing. Everyone is affected(mostly everyone) positively by something YOU created, even with all the work I don't see why there is a possible shutdown chance, I understand running a server can be a huge pain in the ass, but wouldn't you rather have that pain in the ass and keep the community and everyone who admires what you made, or just get rid of the pain in the ass and lose the server that you worked countless hours building up to be good as possible? I don't think you should shutdown any time soon. I think you should continue running the server with your staff team until you absolutely can't run it anymore for whatever reason.

I agree with Tysun. Ever since Brian brought me on MCP I have played the server most of my time. I couldn't imagine waking up and not being able to join MCP and talk to TG , Brian , Jereh , and all the rest of friends like I do everyday.
Kek

Offline b_bob58

• Regular + Edit
  • Must. Crack. Code.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2016, 10:25:39 AM »
TIME AND MOTIVATION ARE REQUIRED

Offline TGOutbreak

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2016, 12:25:16 PM »

I agree with Tysun. Ever since Brian brought me on MCP I have played the server most of my time. I couldn't imagine waking up and not being able to join MCP and talk to TG , Brian , Jereh , and all the rest of friends like I do everyday.

^^^^ This.

Offline masterovieOG

• Be the best person you can be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2016, 09:16:16 AM »
Hopefully I get  my computer fixed soon so I can be more active
Sr. Guard 2 straight years

"A man with a plan, is the most  dangerous type of man."  -Man with a plan

Offline MaxofTheMiniGames

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2016, 12:14:05 AM »
It's simple Godt is the answer.
F

Offline masterovieOG

• Be the best person you can be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2016, 11:21:27 AM »
Sr. Guard 2 straight years

"A man with a plan, is the most  dangerous type of man."  -Man with a plan

Offline serrian_

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2016, 07:54:31 AM »
Serrian= Best solution :)
" If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."-
Dr. Emmett Brown

Offline Coolskate2449

• Super Sayan God - AlphaCoolskate
    • View Profile
    • CornHub
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2016, 11:15:44 PM »
If the server shutdowns would we recieve our donations back?
^ Not that I give 2 shits because they are donations but just a question.
MCP is getting dead lately so I can understand why your doing this,
Then again I spend all my time playing Star wars the old republic MMORPG and TERA MMO so I am inactive too.
Probably going to suicide in C with a inven of zeedin and siilas lol
Ultra Instinct PvP

Offline LaughNgamez

• Administrator
  • One does not simply quit MCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2016, 11:56:58 PM »

We'd refund recent donations if we ever close the server.

Also I feel as if I should say now that we've sort of came to a conclusion on things. We have no intention of shutting down the server in the near future. We'll simply be less active but will look to put it into a sort of hibernation till we have as much time/interest in it as we used to.

That being said it will only stay up assuming it manages to keep paying its bill with donations. Although we seem to be doing that reliably so nothing to worry about.
Thanks for the support over the years guys.
Mojang is bad and should feel bad

Offline Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2016, 12:39:57 AM »
Glad to see this conclusion as I have only been here for a short while and do see a few new faces that seem to be regulars now. So it would of been a shame for us to shutdown after a short time here. Yeah I guess if the donations come in which pays for hosting etc... then there should be no reason not to leave 'as is', assuming no major issues/updates that require time you guys just don't have.

Offline Zeedin

• Administrator
  • "You're gonna like this like this, this is sneaky"
    • View Profile
    • HEXZO
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2016, 11:16:26 AM »

We'd refund recent donations if we ever close the server.

Also I feel as if I should say now that we've sort of came to a conclusion on things. We have no intention of shutting down the server in the near future. We'll simply be less active but will look to put it into a sort of hibernation till we have as much time/interest in it as we used to.

That being said it will only stay up assuming it manages to keep paying its bill with donations. Although we seem to be doing that reliably so nothing to worry about.
Thanks for the support over the years guys.

Also I can put MCP on hard core life support and run it for $30/month if people where still playing on it just not donating much. Though we would only have 16 or 32 gigs of ram :(
"James Cameron doesn't do what  James Cameron does for James Cameron,  James Cameron does what James Cameron does because James Cameron is James Cameron"
-James Cameron

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Born too late to explore the earth, born too soon to explore the galaxy. Born just in time to гคเรє ๓ץ ๔๏ภﻮєг ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ